Ball and Chain Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes

4 posters

Go down

2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes Empty 2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes

Post by TomAshe Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:17 am

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations to the winners this year!

1st - $100:  Don - Unstackable Cups
2nd - $40:  Tom - The Poop Troop
3rd - $30:  Stephen – The Pessimistics
4th - $20: Anthony – Bitch Slave
5th - $10+pick 2.11: Stan – Godless Heathens

This year, I’ll give the option to have your winnings roll over to next season if you haven’t already paid.  Options for receiving your payment are Google Wallet, PayPal, or SquareCash.  Please let me know which method you would prefer.

THE DRAFT

Since we have the winners, we also have the draft order!  It is as follows:
1) Brian – The Frothy Cocks
2) Erik – Nacho Libres
3) Stan – Godless Heathens
4) Eric – Boring Orgy
5) Chad – Walrus Fight
6) Tim – Balls Deep in Mac N Cheese
7) Anthony – Bitch Slave
Cool Stephen – The Pessimistics
9) Tom – The Poop Troop
10) Don – Unstackable Cups

I encourage you all to look on Fleaflicker because it should be up to date so that you know which picks you have.  If you believe there is an error, please let me know as soon as possible.  We will also be incorporating the compensation pick at the end of the 2nd this year, so take that in to account.

RULE CHANGES

Now the fun part.  I would like to suggest some rule changes so that we may improve the league further.  These will come up for vote, but I’d like to have a discussion before-hand.  Note that NO DRAFT ORDER CHANGES WILL TAKE EFFECT FOR THE COMING DRAFT!  All other rules that receive good will from the league will be implemented this year.

• Divisions

• Playoffs will consist of four teams: Two division leaders and 2 wild card teams from either division
    • Will help establish rivalries and improve emphasis on certain games
    • Proposed method for determining divisions: Inverse of total team points (or the same as proposed new draft order)

• Draft order

• Currently - Playoffs: Inverse of final order
                       - Non-Playoffs: Inverse of league standing using current tie-breakers and season W-L record (Consolation bracket does not affect your draft order)
    • Proposed - Playoffs: Inverse of final order
                        - Non-Playoffs: Inverse of total roster points (will more accurately show strength of team in draft order - Consolation will still not affect your draft position)

• Yearly awards

• Awards - Most unfortunate, Coach of the year, Teambuilder, Best Draft, Deserved to lose
    • Payment - $5 price hike ($25 per year - will require unanimous vote)
                      - $10 per award
                       - Voted on by users at the end of year and I can do an  "awards show" or something.  Hoping to distribute winnings so that both good and poor teams can win.
                       - I'm completely ok just adding this to the super-bowl champ if people prefer.

• IDP

• 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB
    • This would be a simple addition but I know a few weren't keen on the idea.  We will need to make sure everyone is ok with it if we decide to move forward.  Discuss below.

• Scoring

• 0.5 PPR
    • I think it provides more use to the receiving backs and high volume targets (Like TEs like heath miller or Jarvis Landry) but doesn't sway games too much (10 catches is only 5 pts).

Please let me know you're opinions on these  in the comments below and we can try to figure out what changes will make the cut.

Looking forward to another great season!

Tom

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes Empty Re: 2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes

Post by Don.Bailey Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 pm

I think divisions will add an extra bit of competition to our league and make it a bit better. Also I am a huge fan of adding defensive players. It is not going to add too much more pressure or research. I do have a question regarding drafting defense. Are we going to add rounds and if so is the defensive draft separate or will it be mixed in with out regular draft? IE will you have to worry about drafting your defensive players at the same time as your offensive players.

Don.Bailey

Back to top Go down

2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes Empty Re: 2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes

Post by TomAshe Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:12 pm

For defensive drafting: I'd say we add it on to the end of the rookie draft. We'd add 5 rounds or something with draft order determined by either "inverse of last years rank of your top D/ST" or "continue draft order as is in rookie draft".

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

Post by blwood Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:01 pm

I'm all for divisions, good with ppr though I definitely prefer we stay at .5 which is the plan. I'm into idp but whatever most prefer I'm pretty ambivalent

blwood

Back to top Go down

Post by TomAshe Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:02 am

-Since we've discussed it, some people are very opposed so we will not be adding IDP.
-Most importantly we should discuss divisions and revised methods for determining playoffs/draft order.
-Half PPR is popular, and we will either implement it this year or next year. Give your opinion on when.

If anyone is vehemently opposed to something I'm suggesting, we can put it to a poll. I've surveyed the league, but don't think I have numbers anymore so we'd have to do that again.

Also, when shall we draft?

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

2015-2016 Offseason and Rule Changes Empty Stuff and poop

Post by Tim.Metz Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:22 pm

I really like these additions. Specifically the divisions and .5 ppr. I would like IDP because I like to know the players. It makes me do some more research that makes me sound smart at work. If it doesn't happen, I won't be upset. I vote yay across the board.

Tim.Metz

Back to top Go down

Post by TomAshe Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:37 pm

• Divisions
o I have divided us in to two divisions using Snake method and listed ranking scheme
 #1 - Based on w/l record and playoffs
o Magnetic North o Geographic North
o Tom o Don
o Stephen o Anthony
o Chad o Tim
o Eric o Stan
o Brian o Erik
 #2 - Based on Optimum points (started perfect team each week)
o Stephen o Eric
o Chad o Anthony
o Don o Tom
o Tim o Stanley
o Brian o Erik
 #3 - Based on Playoff order, then optimum points
o Tom o Don
o Stephen o Anthony
o Chad o Eric
o Tim o Stanley
o Brian o Erik
• Draft order
o From now on, draft order will be inverse of playoff standing for the first 4 teams. The bottom 6 teams will be ranked in accordance with their “Optimum Points” – how many points your team would have scored if you started the highest scoring lineup on your roster each week. Note that this could create a scenario where you win the consolation bracket, get the money prize and the consolation pick, and STILL RECEIVE AN EARLY DRAFT PICK! I hope this will more accurately rank teams so that the weaker teams are actually receiving the good picks (it also completely eliminates tanking – although you can still forfeit draft picks for inactivity (see prior years rules)).
o This goes in to effect next year.
• Price hike – do people want to do this for next year? Even this year?
o Awards: Worst Coach (based on coach rating), Best Coach (based on coach rating), Best Draft (most scoring by drafted players), Luckiest (look at your schedule last year – sum your luck), Unluckiest
• NO IDP – people were opposed.
• Scoring
o Half PPR is being implemented this year! Please plan accordingly (Theo Riddick stock+)

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down