Ball and Chain Fantasy Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Rules and Regulations

2 posters

Go down

What day would you prefer to draft?

2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_lcap57%2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_lcap0%2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_lcap14%2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_lcap29%2015 Rules and Regulations I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

2015 Rules and Regulations Empty 2015 Rules and Regulations

Post by TomAshe Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Hey guys!
Looking forward to the 2015 season.  Here are your updates on dates and rules for the coming months.  

Draft
PLEASE log in and vote on the poll for each day you’re available to draft (multiple choice is allowed) and if you have specific time constraints, log in and post them in a reply and I will work around it.

The draft will be 4 (four) rounds and only include rookies.  I will increase rosters to 26 (from 22) so that all drafted rookies can fit onto your roster.  

Note that this is not the time to select Free agents.  Free agents will be claimed on waivers after the draft.  DO NOT put in your waiver request until after the draft.  I will discuss waiver procedure with you guys during/after the draft.

Dues
All dues must be paid before drafting.  Exceptions will be made if you let me know more than a week prior to our determined draft day so that we can choose a new date.  I was still collecting dues after the superbowl was over last year, and would like to relieve myself of that headache.  

Also, if you wish to trade future draft picks, you must pay your dues for that year ahead of time or at the time of that trade.  Paypal is fast, and you can pay me the instant you make a trade involving future draft picks.  Again, if there are serious difficulties with immediately paying those dues, we can work something out.  I will keep a public record of who has and hasn’t paid for each season available on this site located at the following url.

Payment history:  https://ballandchain.forumotion.com/t12-2015-payment#37

Rule Changes
Injury Reserve:  Due to some teams getting plagued with injuries last year, an injury reserve roster has been implemented.  You may place anyone who is on the NFL’s PUP or IR list on your fantasy team’s IR list.  If they are removed from the NFLs injury designation, you MUST make room to promote the player to your active roster by the following week or risk having them dropped for you.  According to the fleaflicker site, transactions will be suspended until your roster is made “legal” (I have not experienced this personally, so we will have to handle it as the situation arises).

Inactivity and Tanking:  Due to inactivity in the league last year, I am imposing a rule change to encourage more active ownership in the league.  The rule is as follows:  If you start players who are either on IR, PUP, or bye (exceptions are made if you do not have any players at the position who are not on bye and all of them are too valuable to be dropped), you will receive repercussions outlined in the following list. Realize that I did not include players who are out (O) because that can be a game-time decision and sometimes it's difficult to follow whether a player will be active or not. Exceptions are also made if you notify me of your absence ahead of time (I will set your roster for you).   Note: I will do everything I can to avoid stripping owners of draft picks, so don’t worry about me citing this rule frivolously.

1st offense: Warning
2nd offense: Forfeiture of 4th round draft pick
3rd offense: Forfeiture of 3rd round draft pick (4th round pick returned)
4th offense: Forfeiture of 2nd round draft pick (3rd round pick returned)
5th offense: Forfeiture of 1st round draft pick (2nd round pick returned)
6th offense: Forfeiture of 4th round draft pick
7th and further offenses: Continued until all picks are lost

Compensation pick: As a contrasting and positive rule change in conjunction with the inactivity and tanking repercussions, the winner of the consolation bracket will be awarded a compensation pick.  This pick will be at the end of either the 2nd or the 3rd round.  This will be determined based on last year’s and this year’s draft value at the end of each of those rounds.  Currently, I am leaning towards a 2nd (pick 21) so that there are still some extremely valuable players left.

Conclusion
I’m looking forward to a great season!  Get your payments in as soon as possible.  Again, please don’t worry about being punished needlessly, because I will do everything I can to avoid stripping owners from draft picks.   Just keep me informed if you will be having absences (obviously emergencies will always be catered to) and there will be no issue.

Love you guys,
Tom

Last edited by TomAshe on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting.)

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

2015 Rules and Regulations Empty Re: 2015 Rules and Regulations

Post by TomAshe Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Looks like we have to reschedule the draft.

So far, Saturday, Aug 29th is the winner.

From the confirmations I've had so far:
Stephen
Anthony
Brian
Erik
Stanley
Don
Tim
Tom

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

Post by TomAshe Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Draft order:

Stanley
Stephen
Eric
Don
Anthony
Erik
Chad
Brian
Tim
Tom

This is before any trades are made, but that is changing as people earn and give away picks. Use this as a reference.

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Don.Bailey Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:31 pm

When does the IR become active. I of course already have a player to put on it haha.

Don.Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post by TomAshe Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:03 am

Note that payout is the same as last year.

1st - $100
2nd - $40
3rd - $30
4th - $20
5th - $10+pick 2.11

TomAshe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down